Monday, April 27, 2009

Womens Retreat 09'

WOW. That's all I can say. I got so much out of this weekend. Not only did I meet some amazing women...including my idol..hehe :) but I also met with God and he poured so much into my heart. The speaker, Chrissie Dunham, was AWESOME!! She reminds me so much of Paula Dean! (Shanna pointed that out..great comparison!) She is very southern and sister, she will put a flame under you! I truly grasped the importance of deciding every single morning whether or not to Love God and Others or to Love myself. I mean I always new what to choose but I never verbally expressed my decision to the Lord in prayer. Because we all now we need His help to accomplish this! I had my quiet time with the Lord this morning, first time I have done it in the morning. I normally do it at night. But I decided to get my rear up and just do it! I was given this verse,
"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content" Philippians 4:11 and then a passage on Contentment.
The Lord knows right where we are and I am so thankful for that. I have been so discontent!! Let me just say that I learned a lot this weekend and left there feeling awesome BUT I must be honest when I say that it is hard to be amongst a ton of AMAZING women and not feel a bit envious. I find myself wanting what I don't have whether it be something tangible or even wanting the peace and joy that I see others walking in. The Lord really spoke to me this morning and told me that I am right where I need to be and in the place I am in is where my Lord is. So I should be content with Him, right here :) Thank you Jesus for such a great weekend with such wonderful women! Blessings!!

4 comments:

  1. Liz, thanks for the post. I have been such a slacker in my time with the Lord since having Carsyn, and it is reflecting in my life.
    If you can do it with 2 kiddos, I can do it with one. I am jealous that you got to go to a retreat!
    Thanks for sharing... it was really encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, it was so sweet to be with you this weekend. I never miss the retreats for the very reasons you mentioned. It is a must and yes, it is sweet to "rise up" "early" and meet with Jesus!
    love you sweet girl!
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh MOST DEFINATELY :) Love it! I was worried no one would get it! It was one of those moments where you wish you had someone with you to laught with! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun wasnt it! I loved spending time with with everyone! And loved what God had in store!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete